Thursday, 18 April 2013

I thought bad luck only came in threes?

Hello lovelies!

Apologies for my absence, but I'm still laptop-less and struggling to find another one to use so am resorting to iPad blogging.

During my absence, there has been some changes put in motion that I have missed. Something to do with google friend connect being removed? If someone could fill me in on this, that would be lovely!

So anyway, on with the bloggings.

I'm blogging on the last night of my week off work, a week off that was well overdue. I spent the majority of the week in London with the boyfriend. The main purpose of the trip was to watch a football match between the team we work for and another team. We also met up with a friend from America who was in town at the same time. The trip consisted of several Nando's visits, an adventure around Camden and it's markets and numerous visits to Westfield Stratford City.

Unfortunately, the trip didn't go as smoothly as we had hoped it would. To start with, I had a horrible cold and cant go 5 minutes without coughing my guts up. Thirty minutes before we were due to catch our train to London, my card was declined as we attempted to pay for snacks for the journey. This then lead to me finding out my PayPal account had been hacked several days before leaving me with next to no money for the next few days. Thankfully, the boyfriends mum was on hand to save the day. Fast forward to the next morning; we attempt to have a shower to start the day and we have no hot water. Later that day, I break a tooth eating a sausage roll and have to call my dentist for an appointment.

We were staying in the docklands area and for us to get to a tube station we needed to get the docklands light rail, and our stop was part of a part closure on the line for 2 days for engineering works. And with no visible signs instructing us what to do, we were left to figure out what to do, thankfully a bus replacement turned up moments later. However, the next day they decided that they couldn't serve that stop because of a crane that had been there the day before. So thanks to a kind stranger letting us know, we walked to the next stop and caught a bus from there.

On the same day, a cold sore appeared on my lip, just to really top things off. Thankfully, the next day, normality was restored on the DLR and I received an email from PayPal informing me I would get all my money back.

Since returning from our trip, all the money has been placed back in my account and I'm starting to feel human again! I think the girls night with the boyfriend may have helped! Candles, face masks, Mean Girls and munchies were all on the agenda.

Before I go, I'd just like to say that all my thoughts are with anyone affected by the recent incidents in Boston and Texas.

That's all for now, when I get a chance I'll post the overdue March instagrams and will hopefully have April's on time!

Thanks for reading, see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment