Monday 30 June 2014

Beauty Haul.

Here we are again! I'm getting good at this regular blogging thing!

I recently went on a bit of a shopping spree and invested in a few new beauty products, some of which I have used before either in full size or sample.

Boots were holding a points event which is always a little bit tempting for me! Part of the event was 500 points when you purchased two premium beauty products. A while ago I purchased Clarins Hydra-Matte Lotion which is part of their oil control range. My skin is oily in a few areas which is referred to as combination skin, so this product was a must have for me. After using it for a few days I started to notice my skin was less oily and my foundation was appearing a lot smoother. I apply it to my skin after cleansing and before applying makeup. When I originally purchased it, I was a little put off by the price but I had been given a sample a while before so I knew it was worth the money at £26.


About a month ago, I received a phone call from the lovely lady at the Clarins counter offering me a free facial as part of an event the brand was holding. At the end of the facial I was given some samples, one of which was their Ever Matte foundation. I've always been an Estee Lauder girl when it comes to foundation so the idea of change was a little daunting. Fortunately for Clarins, my foundation ran out just before payday so I thought I'd give the sample a go, to at least get me through the day. If I'm honest, I was pleasantly surprised. The first thing I noticed was the fragrance. I can't really place what it was, but it was pleasant which is always good. Upon application, the colour was a better match than my previous Estee Lauder, even though I was colour matched when I first purchased. When I asked the boyfriend if he could tell the difference he commented on the more natural appearance and colour it provided. I noticed that I wasn't left with an orange line along my jaw and neck like previously so I figured it ticked every box. After wearing it for the day I knew I had to have it. This is definitely an investment at £27 and you don't need much at all so will definitely last you a while. My shade is 103 Ivory.


I was recently watching This Morning and they had a make up artist giving tips on the perfect pout. Before applying any make up to the lip, she prepped the lips with a lip scrub. I wasn't really paying attention (as usual!) so didn't catch what brand she was using. I've noticed in the past when applying lipstick, I sometimes get flaky skin, even though my lips don't feel dry. After a little hunt around the city, I came across one in Lush for £5.50. There were three different flavours to choose from; Mint Julips, Bubble gum and the one I chose, Popcorn. I didn't realise till I got home but it has popping candy in so it's fun to apply and tastes amazing. I've used this a few times already and my lips do feel a little softer. I've been applying a little bit of lip balm after each use too.


That's all for now!
See you again soon!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment