Monday 18 January 2016

My Slimming World journey so far.


On the evening of 1st of July 2015, I found myself sitting in a full school canteen, not knowing anyone, about to join Slimming World. For a very long time I had complained about my weight, and how I wanted to slim down. I tried calorie counting, cutting out crisps & sweets, exercise and what felt like everything else. A new group had opened nearby and after putting it off for a few months, I dragged myself along. I was greeted with lots of friendly, smiley faces who showed me who I needed to speak to in regards to joining.


A month into my journey, and a little over a stone lighter, I was nominated for our group's woman of the year. A teary speech later I was crowned the winner. I was in utter shock. I didn't really think people noticed me. I often sat at the back, on my own. A few weeks in, I started talking to one lady, who now happens to be one of my lifelines.


I've now been on my journey for around 7 months. At my last weigh in, I had lost 3 stone 1 pound. Before Christmas I had lost 3 stone 10.5 pounds, but like most people I over indulged. I've struggled to get back on plan and with my Dad's recent passing, it's been tough.


I love Slimming World and recommend it to everyone. I still get to eat naughty meals like burgers & chips, and have chocolate every day. I aim to blog more about my journey and share some tips and recipes for those also following plan. If you're also a Slimming Worlder, feel free to share some of your favourite recipes, snacks or any tips you've found to be helpful.

You can follow my journey on Instagram @josiesfitnessjourney_sw.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment