Sunday 6 May 2012

DIY Fashion: Bleached Bag

Hello!

I've been feeling a little creative lately and did some research into easy ways to customise stuff and came across this method, and I thought I would share it with you.

What you will need:
 A cotton tote bag
Cardboard
Household bleach
Paintbrush
A pot/bowl/cup

I would suggest putting on old clothes for this, just in case. 

Okay, let's get started.

First, take the cardboard, and put in in the bag.

Then put a little bleach in the pot or whatever you're using.

Using the paint brush, just paint it on. If it drips all over the bag, don't worry, it kind of adds to the effect.

I left mine for about 5 minutes, but you could leave yours for longer. After the time is up, fill a washing up bowl with warm water and soap powder or detergent and wash the bag. Don't forget to rinse it!

Then once it's washed, hang it up to dry!

And here is the end result!

I'm pretty pleased with this effect! You could do it on almost anything, I'm trying t-shirts next. You could also do any design, I chose a heart because it was easy! Let me know if you try it and how you get on! More DIY Fashion coming soon!

Thanks for reading!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment