Friday 4 May 2012

Go, shawty It's your birthday, we gon' party like it's your birthday

Hello!

Alot has happened for me to blog about since my last entry so I'm going to dive right in!

Yesterday was my 21st birthday! Thank you everyone who wished me happy birthday! To celebrate, I partied with my two besties, and for the time we actually spent out I had a pretty good time. However the time spent in the Travelodge was quite amusing!
Of course, a birthday is not complete with cake or presents. From the guys at work I got a lovely Soap & Glory set (which I'm quite looking forward to using) and one of the girls got me an Estee Lauder set. My bestie's bought me bits & bobs, including LOTS of sweeties, earrings, nail polish & a Pez dispenser. I had never had one before so being the amazing friends they are finally got me one! The shade of nail polish they got me is 17's Pink Lemonade.
And of course, there was cake. My lovely besties got me a giant cupcake, decorated with Hello Kitty candles, and my family got me fashiony-ooh-la-la type cake, complete with glittery 21 candle.
Here's what I wore.
Blazer - New Look
Blouse - Peacocks
Jeans - Primark
Shoes - Internacionale

Here are some other random snaps from my birthday.

Officially my birthday / The lovely piece my parents put in the local paper.
Cards pre-opening / Cards after opening.

In other news... If you read my blog you may remember me saying my brother was raising money to have his hair cut off. Well, the chop has happened, and here is the before and after:
The hair that was cut off is now on it's way to The Little Princess Trust. It's a charity that creates wigs and hairpieces for children who have suffered hair loss from cancer treatments. You can still sponsor him by clicking here and going to his Just Giving page.

Almost there!

I've been playing with nail polishes (again) and here's what I did this time.
I'm a bit obsessed with pastels at the moment so I guess that's what inspired this. My nails and hands are bit manky right now thanks to work, and I cant paint nails neatly!
the colours I used were:
17's Sherbet Lemon
Models Own's Lilac Dream
17's Heartbeat
Barry M's Strawberry Ice Cream
17's Mint Green

Aaaaaaand....

Where I work has just opened a new store in Chapelfields, a shopping centre in Norwich. I don't get to Chapelfields often so when it came to working there for the shop fit, I took the opportunity to explore what it had to offer. Recently a new lingerie store has opened there. I believe the founder is Theo Paphitis from The Dragon's Den. I had a little browse and discovered that they are one of the few places that stock my bra size in pretty styles, other than t-shirt bras, and at an affordable price, so I snapped one up! For £18, I am VERY happy with my purchase and will be going back. I also noticed that their knickers go up to a UK size 20, so for us curvy girls, it's quite exciting!
The decor is store is quite beautiful, very elegant and feminine. The customer service was great too. Plus, for no extra charge, they wrap your purchase in pretty paper, and put it in a lovely bag with scented rose petals, which I thought was a lovely touch. They have 11 stores dotted around the UK, but if there's not one near you, you can always visit their website.

That's all for this very long post. Thanks for reading! Subscribe if you like it! Bye!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment